5.01.2011

The Switch (2010)


I did not think it would be possible for me dislike Jason Bateman. There was no way I would ever think ill of the Michael Bluth. Well, 'The Switch' proved me wrong. In 'The Switch', Jennifer Aniston plays a single woman who feels her time to have a child is running out. Being busy with work and having bad luck with men, she comes up with the perfect idea of turning to a sperm donor. Jason Bateman plays the best friend who obviously has a crush on her. Kassie (Aniston) decides to go through with the insemination against Wally's (Bateman) disapproval. She even throws an insemination party to celebrate the inception of the baby. Mix some alcohol, pills, and unfortunately placed sperm sample. What do you get? The perfect formula for the switch. Kassie gets pregnant and leaves town. When she comes back a few years later with her son, Sebastian, Wally starts to remember the night of the insemination party and realizes that he is the father. The rest of the movies deals with how the revelation of the truth will effect the relationship between Kassie and Wally. And I will leave that up to you to find out.
Overall, this movie just felt very flat. There was just no life. I was initially interested by the premise, but it just failed to keep my attention. 'The Switch' may be worth a look if you are a big fan of Jennifer Aniston or Jason Bateman, but I think you should just stay away from this one.

IMDB-5.9/10
Metascore-52/100
Rotten Tomatoes- Critics-52%, Audience-45%
Yong's Rating- 2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment