10.04.2010

Short Story about Love...



Hello there. I know we’ve just met, and that you don’t know me very well. However, I feel that I’ve known you my entire life. Don’t ask me how, but it just feels that way. Well, I just have some things that I want to tell you before I left. Here it goes…
How do you tell someone how you feel when you’re not even sure if you can even describe the feelings or the thoughts that you have? I once saw a little boy playing with a puppy, and anyone who saw that boy could not have missed seeing the joy radiating from the little boy’s face. Well, I guess what I’m trying to say is that being around you makes me feel like that little boy… too touchy?
Let me start over…
I have always felt this emptiness in my life for as long as I can remember. I want to be optimistic about life, and believe in the goodness of humanity. But, just seeing the extent that people put themselves through in order to cause each other pain, and the creativity we use to hurt one another makes it hard for me to be optimistic about the world. Just when I was at my lowest, and thought everything was lost, I witnessed a glimpse of hope. I could not take my eyes off of your beautiful face. I never thought one person could light up an entire room. The entire world! Seeing you made me realize that there are still some good left in this world. Maybe, that life isn’t all that bad… too philosophical?
All right, I’ll get to the point…
You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever laid my eyes on, and I just wanted to let you know that I will always love you and be there for you for as long as I live. Oh, I could stare into your eyes all day. I hope you never lose your innocence or your lovely smile, because when you smile, the whole world smile with you.
(from outside the room a voice calls out)- Honey, are you in the baby’s room? (the wife enters the room) Oo. Here you are. What are you still doing in your shorts! Come on, get dressed, the babysitter will be here any moment. What are you waiting for? We’re going to be late for the movie.
-I’ll be out in a sec. (wife leaves the room). Don’t tell your mom about what I just told you, she gets very jealous rather too easily. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of time to find out about that. Good night, and be nice to the babysitter. Love you!

2 comments:

  1. did you write this? i just had a baby 5 months ago and he has become my world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, i wrote it few months ago. my little attempt at some writing. haha. how's the baby doing?

    ReplyDelete